Okay... Breathe in.... Breathe out.... Gotta take a deep breath after two weeks of rush rush mode at work (yeah what a way to welcome the year). The only time I really rested was just last Sunday after my 3rd 21K run. I was so beat, I was like a tired donkey:
- After the grueling run, I slept between 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM
- Woke up and slept at 6:00 PM until 8:00 PM
- Woke up at 8:00 PM to eat dinner and slept at 11:00 PM
Batugan much? Not really. I guess for most people, including myself, sleep is such a luxury for adults.
Of course I do not intend to feast myself in slumber, as there are so many things lined up for this year:
Since we rented the betamax of The Last Emperor back in 1988 (Well it was shown in 1987 but it came a year later... Globalization didn't strike the islands yet), I dreamt of going to Beijing. Aside from being the most populous cities in the world, it was actually one of the thresholds of civilization. 3000 to 4000 years ago, their monarchy was well established. Followed by the prevalence of commerce and industrialization. I could talk more on the history but I gotta stop from here. Haha! Oh yeah, who would have missed the Great Wall of China. Okay... 'Nuff said.
I look forward to this trip because I'll be with my good college friend. The folks are entertaining the idea but there's no definite decision yet.
Runs
My goal last year was to do a half mary and I have been enjoying everytime there's a run with a 21k category. This year, I see doing more half mary's and I want to do trail running and hopefully (with full fingers crossed) a full mary. Not only I want to run around Metro Manila but I also want to check out provincial running events. I look forward to the next major running events (and once again, hopefully will do a full mary of 42.18k.... wootwoot!).
- Run United 1,2,3
- Philippine Marathon
- Camsur Marathon
- Bohol Marathon
- Other road runs I see around the corner
- Trail runs
Duathlon
In connection with all the road runs, I am excited to do my first duathlon on February 26. I'm freakin' scared. On the other hand, I'm also excited because this will be so new to me. And finally, I get to use my road bike.
I'm sure there will be a lot of events and circumstances 2012 can offer. I'm very positive about this year and I embrace whatever great things come along this year.

2 comments:
Yihee, next triathlon na!!!
Update, update! :D
Post a Comment